Monday, December 16, 2019

Santa Pictures – Part 2



Last week, I posted some of my photos with Santa. This week, I’ll show you the rest of them.

This was taken when I was five. I’m wearing the same dress I wore on the first day of kindergarten. I loved Santa, but I don’t look thrilled here. I assume my brother, Ron, has a separate picture. He would have been two. (I gave him all his photos years ago.) 

My mother loved bonnets on me. I hated them. Here, I'm wearing another one.

The next one was also taken when I was five. Apparently, I liked this Santa better, or maybe my cousin David (six-years-old) gave me more courage. (This is a better-looking Santa than the other one.)

Note the scrape on my leg. I was painfully clumsy as a kid and fell down a lot.

At age six, I look happier with the guy in the red suit. (He looks like the same one with me in the first five-year-old photo.) I still don’t know where my brother was.

When I was seven, I finally took a picture with my brother (aged four).

This one is bittersweet. By the next Christmas, my father was dead. (He passed away the following February.) This is the last real Christmas of our childhood.

I took Kim to see Santa when she was little (as well as the Easter Bunny a couple of times). I have the photos to prove it. As I recall, she generally liked Santa and looks happy in her photos.

These pictures represent the best times during my childhood. Do you have any of these? How do you feel about them?

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty little girl you were! And how great you have all those old photos with Santa Claus. Kudos to your mother for saving them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom kept all our photos and wrote on the back who was in them. What a great gift! In the case of the Santa photos, each one was in it's presentation photo, and she wrote the year on them.

      Delete
  2. Okay -- obviously I don't know how this blog thing works! My previous comment doesn't show my name. It's me Lorna -- carol van kirk your writing student and buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making a comment! i have so enjoyed learning your story and look forward to hearing more of it.

      Delete